Unless you have an allergy that warrants an ER visit, treating bee stings at home is the way to go. (These methods also work for wasp stings)
If your reading this, then most likely you are experiencing a lot of pain and swelling, so I’ll get straight to the point.
Be sure that the stinger from the offending insect is not stuck in the skin, first! If you happen to be a smoker or anywhere near one, get a cigarette immediately!
Tear open the cigarette and place the loose tobacco in a bowl with approximately a teaspoon of water. Take the wet tobacco and place directly on the affected area.
Relief using wet tobacco is immediate! Continue to keep damp tobacco in contact with the area, as long as necessary. If it begins to dry, simply re wet the tobacco with more water.
Ensure that there is no stinger present, and that the area has been cleaned with soap and water. Mix bentonite clay with water, so that it forms a paste. Apply the bentonite clay paste directly to the affected area. It will draw out the venom from the sting, and offer immediate relief.
Make sure the area is clean and that the stinger is not remaining. Make a paste using baking soda and water and apply directly to the affected area. It will help in reducing pain and inflammation.
Apple Cider Vinegar
After you have cleansed and prepared the area that was stung, make sure that no stinger is present. Treat the affected area, with a small cloth soaked in vinegar for at least 15 minutes. The vinegar should neutralize the insect venom, and help reduce the pain and swelling.
A Sigh of Relief
Using an ice pack, in addition to any of these methods, will further reduce the swelling and inflammation from the sting. Try a combination of these methods, if need be.
For myself, tobacco has been the most effective at treating the pain. Even if you are not a smoker, if you are commonly in areas where stinging insects are present, consider keeping some on hand. The wet tobacco, will truly give instant relief.
Bentonite clay, would be a very close second choice, if I had to chose a treatment for myself. If you frequent areas where wildlife is in abundance, you should procure some bentonite clay to keep on hand.
The pain and swelling that can come from either a bee or wasp sting, can be very intense. Treating a sting, within a timely manner is urgent to the person on the receiving end of an insect attack.
When treating children, it’s hard not to appear panicked, but try to keep a calm demeanor and a level head. Be sure to monitor your loved one closely for signs of severe allergic reaction, and immediately seek medical treatment if you observe any difficulty breathing, or swelling, outside of the area that was stung.
Take care and keep watch of yourself or loved one!
And as always, Happy Healing!
[wd_hustle id=’socialmediasharing’ type=’social_sharing’/]